Sunday, July 10, 2011

"Once Upon A Time..."

Once upon a time, before I had my daughter, getting sick was a wonderful excuse to sit on the couch all day, watch all my DVR’d shows, not shower, and live happily ever after.  Recently, I was sick for a week with bronchitis and a double case of pink eye…there was no happily ever after! Mama can’t get sick…if mama is sick, the house don’t run! Bums still need wiped, mouths still need fed, clothes still need washed, and the floors still need swept! Where are the 7 dwarfs when you need them?!
What I don’t understand about this fairy tale is how the Prince can get sick and the story doesn’t skip a page! In other words, when dada is sick, he can lie down and bums still get wiped, mouths still get fed, clothes still get washed, and the floor still gets swept…even if mama is still sick! Don’t get me wrong…my husband is truly a prince. I couldn’t ask for a better companion, however, a daddy’s sickness still results in a happily ever after! Moms can’t get sick. It’s just not allowed….that’s a major reality check in this fairy tale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment